Friday, July 25, 2014

I have a sister

I have a sister. 

Before the thought of my existence pranced through my parents brains, they brought my sister, Jennie, into the world. And boy am I glad they did. 




 She is beautiful. And when I say beautiful, I mean quadruple-take beautiful. The kind of gorgeous that reaches far beneath the surface and reflects that of which her heart is made.

She is a supporter. As I sifted through old memories and messages signed at the bottom of cards (I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to cards), Jennie's encouraging words were always present. Not to mention that each  month of my senior year of high school, she sent a bundle of cards that she had crafted from magazine clippings and inspirational quotes. Each card was labeled with a date, and I was not to read the card until that day. Yes, I have 180 cards in the dash of my car. She is THAT thoughtful. 

She is a mom. I have been blessed with an ample amount of time to watch her with Everly and Smith. And quite honestly, it is one of my favorite things to do. Her patience is mind boggling. And I am sure of the fact that those kiddos will grow up knowing that the love that their mom has for them is unshakable. 

We have developed a stronger relationship over the past few years. A relationship that I'm sure will only grow stronger over time. And it is, (dare I say), one of my favorite friendships in my life. 

I could go on and on about the things that she has done for me. Or I could say this.

I have a sister. But even better than that, I have a sister like Jennie. 





Here's to a lifetime of comic relief, nights filled with dramatic episodes of the bachelor, and plenty of PF Chang's takeout. I can't wait.
Happy Birthday, Jennie!
30 looks great on you. 
I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...