Monday, April 6, 2015

I'm a tough cookie



Somewhere in the midst of this crazy semester I have lost contact with the part of me that used to write myself into a state of peace and out of the chaotic state of life. But what once was lost, is now found. I am back. My thoughts are flowing more consistently and the words are practically typing themselves. I could not be happier about that. There was a time in which I began to grow nervous about my future as a writer seeing that I was experiencing an all-consuming lack of creativity and inspiration. This was the first time, as a writer, that I have not been eager to record every part of my day. I was frightened. I have declared Journalism as my major and how can I expect to spend the rest of my career doing something that doesn't come easily to me? But this epidemic of "writer's block" did not last very long, thankfully. It could be blamed on my fast-paced life that has only gotten worse over the past few months. Or perhaps I was distracted by simply trying to make sense of all of this change that I did not find the time to explain it to you. But that's where I went wrong. It isn't until I put it in writing that I can fully comprehend a situation. I always say that I write more passionately and more clearly about the things that hurt. This semester has been tough. Friendships have been tested, hours of sleep have been exchanged for hours spent studying, and the confidence I once had in my potential has swayed. However, I think I am on my way back to normal, even though I have yet to figure out what my "normal" is. I am on my way back to a place where I am most comfortable. (That is, other than New York.)

If these college years are full of moments of questioning and times of digging deeper in search of motivation, then I will be just fine. I have resurfaced with an aching to write every thought down. I love my friends now more than ever. And I have a new found appreciation for myself and my ability to keep going.

This is Morgan, she keeps me sane. 

This is Adriana, she makes me laugh. 

This is LK, she challenges me.
(Of course, these are only a few of the many examples why I love my life and the people in it.)















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...