Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Home away from home

I feel as if it has been AGES since I wrote to you last. Twelve days ago seems like an eternity. And I guess it would be to someone (me) who initially planned to blog at least three times a week. Clearly, I have some work to do as far as that is concerned.

Antyways! I am thoroughly enjoying my stay in Charlotte. I have become a little more dare-devilish than I was when I first arrived. When I say "dare-devilish" I mean I drove to the South Park Mall all on my own. And I took a trip to my new favorite place to be, Amelie's.

Imagine in your mind a perfect display of french pastries. Now add into the mix a plethora of authentic paintings and sources of light all combined into a space the size of four or five living rooms combined. (I am dimensionally challenged, hence the reason for my peculiar comparison.) Oh and it is open 24 hours a day. Jennie says that it is the hangout of the cool, hipster musicians who need a place to go after their shows in the wee hours of the morning. I have yet to visit at 2am though.

Amelie's is one of the many places in Charlotte I am sure that I will grow to love just as I loved the unique assets of Beaufort. Much to my parents dismay, this place is starting to feel more and more like home. It didn't take long at all for me to get comfortable with my surroundings and the…. so-to-say 'different' individuals around me. I no longer feel the need to use my GPS when commuting to the gym or the grocery store. Nick and Jennie may have to shove me out along with all my things at the end of the summer. Mom and Dad might have to drag me out by my feet. Can't I just skip the intricate formulas and equations of my last year of high school and graduate in June? I don't see a problem with that at all.

1 comment:

  1. I mean, I feel as if I'm there with you. What superb writing. And you know that I'm game for ANYTHING hipster.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...