Wednesday, June 5, 2013

4..3..2..1..


And so it begins! The boxing up and packing of my wardrobe for my trek to Charlotte, North Carolina for the duration of summer 2013. Words cannot describe the electrifying excitement that is running through my veins. I understand that the last statement might be a little over the top. But hey, I am just being honest. 

If you see me on a daily basis, or if you have talked to me in the past couple months you would already know that this trip is all I have been talking about for the past 90 days. I am headed off to a big city to live with my sister, her husband, and their incredibly adorable daughter, Everly. Who wouldn't be excited for that? Not only do I get to spend every waking moment with the most angelic and enjoyable child on God's green earth, but I get to experience the beautiful chaos and bright lights of the city. I must also discuss the fact that my sister is amazing for offering to let me stay for a whopping two months. Numerically, that really isn't that long. But when you add a fairly new child, an energetic golden doodle, a working husband, and tight quarters into the mix, things tend to get a little complicated. She is even giving up her closet for me! And for a girl with an abundance of scarves and shoes, that is a lot to ask. That alone should shed a little light on what an incredible sister I have and how lucky I am to have shared a last name with her at one moment in time. 

Just four days left in this little town that I have grown a very strong love/hate relationship with over the past few years. That is 96 hours, 5,760 minutes, and 345,600 seconds. Not that I am counting or anything. The change of scenery and new people will be exactly what I have needed to get my head back on straight before I dive headfirst into my senior year. (Yes, I am officially a senior, as of today!!) So bring it on Charlotte. I'm ready for some skyline sunsets and rush-hour traffic. Don't go easy on me. Please and thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...