Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bring it on!

Crazy things have been happening around here!

My sister is pregnant with Baby Stills number two! We have the privilege of meeting this sweet boy in May. Everly has been such an incredible addition to our lives. Watching her enormous personality flourish has been a blast. It is difficult for me to imagine that I could possibly love another tiny human as much as I love her. But our love is multiplied, not divided. (You like that math reference?)

I received this thing in the mail called an "acceptance letter" from Winthrop University. I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about. It was just a piece of paper that began with "Congratulations" and ended with "Welcome to Winthrop University". Which means that I AM GOING TO COLLEGE. Checks have been sent, papers have been signed, and plans have been made. I guess all of those minor panic attacks concerning report cards and the late nights spent studying really did pay off in the end. I was the girl that usually rolled her eyes when that cliche statement was thrown into a conversation. Words cannot describe how overjoyed I am to be nearing the next chapter in my life. However, the more time I spend enjoying Beaufort, the more I begin to retract my negative statements about this seaside town. I purposefully choose not to think about the fact that in five short months I will be watching my childhood and the life I have created here (best friends and family) through the rearview mirror. And as much as I hate to admit it, I will miss home. There will be no more evening jogs down Bay Street, no more perfectly painted sunset views over the glassy water on my way home everyday, and no more late arrivals due to the bridge opening. Some may see it as a bit depressing. But here is how I view the situation. There are going to be new routes to run, a different perspective of the sunset, and plenty of other things that will cause me to be tardy at the most inconvenient time possible (I am sure). It is time for a change in scenery. Bring it on Rock Hill!

And last but most definitely not least. There is a flippin' graduation cap AND gown hanging in my closet. Green and white, with a sticker on the package that has my first, middle, and last name written neatly on the front. There are approximately 60 days until I zip that sucker up and trek across the perfectly manicured football field to the seat that is designated just for me. Twelve years of eraser shavings and papers graded in red ink is coming to an end. We may want to go ahead and start making donations of tissue boxes to the Walker residence because I have a feeling that this will not be a dry-eyed experience for my parents. After all, I am the last little birdie to leave the nest. Someone buy them another dog, please.

There is not one ounce of fear in this girl's conscience at the moment. And I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. Seeing that I am in a full sprint towards the finish line, there is no time to stop and consider the what if's and maybe's. Let's go people. Let's get this show on the road!

BillieJo and Jeremy Photography. Check them out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...