Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Infatuation

I feel as though my topic of discussion has repeatedly been my wide-eyed gaze of my future. I will not apologize for this. However, I will recognize it.
Queen City (Charlotte, NC)

When you spend a great deal of time in the city that will soon be part of your future, the thoughts concerning the "what if's" and "maybe's" are inevitable. You take a picture of the moonlit skyline with your eyes considering the fact that before long, that view will not be such a distant memory. The left turns and roundabouts become somewhat of a second nature to you. The price of a large chocolate mousse cup at your favorite french bakery has been memorized and the change is prepared before you approach the cash register. You have begun to compile the perfect playlist that corresponds with the atmosphere in which you stand. And with those melodies, you craft scenarios in your mind that orchestrate themselves at just the right moment in the music.

Things become familiar.

Meaning "well- known from long or close association", this word that is often used in a casual manner embodies a world of curiosity all in its own. After all, curiosity is the root of change. We continue to move forward, doors are opened, and windows are closed. Simply because we are curious, and curiosity leads to alternate paths.

I become curious. Things become familiar. And from those questions and their appropriate answers, comes my life. A life that is thrilling because I have managed to wonder (and sometimes get a little lost) in the right direction. And that is a life that I am quite infatuated with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...