Friday, May 31, 2013

Bye Bye



 
Boy oh boy! What a month it has been. May of 2013 has taken "spring cleaning" to a whole different level. I have dusted off the shelves and "re-visited" my first true heartbreak. I've taken out the trash surrounding me that had only left an unpleasant aroma more often than not. I have lost a few things and people that meant the most to me. And as cliche as it sounds, I have discovered things about myself that I never knew existed. But let me tell you. I could not be happier than I am now to know that in a matter of hours, I will be able to turn the page in my handy dandy planner to a new month.  
So take a short stroll with me down memory lane. A not-so-pleasant one at that.  
On your first right you will see a series of events and conversations that left me immensely confused yet at the same time very happy. I could have seen it coming. And I probably could have prevented it from happening. (Let me apologize ahead of time for not sharing all the juicy details.) But now that I think of it, if I had done everything in my power to resist it, I would be lacking a few important life lessons that have since then been added to my repertoire. Although re-learning lessons that were difficult to learn the first time was not enjoyable, I feel as though it was necessary. I obviously hadn't grasped the initial concept.  
A couple blocks down the road on your left is the home of great loss. No, I am not talking about the loss of my favorite pencil, or the loss of six inches of hair from the front of my face (I GOT BANGS!). I am speaking of the loss of not only one, but two family members that has left two gaping holes in the world where they used to live. Keep in mind that both of these tragic events occurred within the same two weeks. Kind of hard to process and extremely overwhelming. My Papa (Mom's dad) and my Nana (Mom's grandma) will always hold a special place in my heart. I have been very fortunate to grow up in the family that I have. And they are partly to blame for that. Their contrasting personalities created a perfect balance that hosted a pretty decent (that's an understatement) childhood. Thank you Papa, and thank you Nana. 
  
By the time I have finished this blogpost, there is approximately one minute left in the month of May and I'm not sure if the smile on my face could get any bigger. June will be full of surprises. I just know it. And I am so ecstatic to discover what the next 30 days entails. 

-lils

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...