Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yellow

As I lounge in the fairly worn out leather chair positioned in the back left corner of my living room, I am spending my night enriching my life. Sounds pretty serious right? Contrary to what that statement may SOUND like, I am actually doing something that requires no effort or thought. 

Thanks to Netflix, I am enthralled in "Coldplay Live 2012". I feel as though that is pretty self explanatory. For those of you who are not aware of what I am speaking of (you must live under a rock if you don't know who Coldplay is), they are the epitome of pure genius. Over the years, they have produced a timeless compilation of music that is the perfect recipe of meaningful lyrics and catchy melodies that you will remember after listening to one time. Antyways! What I am watching is a concert video from their Mylo Xyloto tour in 2012. Being two songs in, and as my eyes are attempting to follow the psychedelic lights and neon colors, I am sent into a state of deja vu. Chris Martin began to play the instrumental introduction to "Yellow" on his spray painted up-right piano and I knew exactly what song it was within seconds. I guess that's what comes along with being obsessed with music.

August 6, 2009 Zach and I took a road trip to Charlotte, North Carolina where that night we would attend a leg of the Viva La Vida tour. 



Although it was a birthday present from me to him, you could say it was a gift to myself as well. I was only twelve, but I must say that I had fabulous taste in music and I knew that they were one of Zach's favorite bands. Our general admission tickets were on the lawn and I was absolutely fine with that. It gave us the opportunity to really take in all that was going on. I would say about three quarters of the way through the show, the lights went out and on came a spotlight that began to follow the gang away from the stage. We didn't really understand what was going on until they made their way to a small stage that was only 100 yards away, I would say. I grasped the hand of the lady behind me (never really had stranger danger as you can tell) and we sprinted to get as close as we could. Zach followed close behind me. As cheesy as it sounds, that was an extremely exhilarating moment. 



That picture right there was taken with no zoom. And I am not lying, I promise. You should be jealous.  Needless to say, it was an amazing night and I am so grateful that I got to share it with Zachary. It will remain as one of my favorite memories. He is the best person to go to concerts with. There is nothing like watching some one you love very much watch something they love with a sense of awe in their eyes. It's a beautiful thing. 

Just in case you were one of those crazy people who have been living under a rock, here are a handful of my favorite Coldplay songs. Old and new. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...