Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Fleeting images

Sweet, sweet summertime. I have always claimed that I would much rather live in an eternal winter than an eternal summer. However, that statement is on it's way to being reversed, I feel.

Summer is a symbol of peace. No more exams. No more showers in a hall bath. No more "I'm dropping out and never coming back" thoughts. Just me, the sun, and a plethora of good music. (I take much pride in my iTunes library, if you couldn't already tell.)

I can already tell that this will be a summer full of restoration. While I may have felt drained by the closing of a somewhat stressful and extremely challenging year, I feel that day by day, my cup is being filled by time spent with the people I treasure most. My nineteen-year-old brain is finally starting to realize that this life is short. My freshman year of college passed by as if it were an exit on a highway. Now it is nothing more than a fleeting image in my mind that I am sure I will reminisce on when I attempt to remember how it was to have little to no responsibilities. My point in saying all of this is that although I may have 90 years left to live (yes, I plan on living until I am 109), those 90 years will never be enough time with the people I love. Maybe I am starting to sound like your grandma, I know I sound like mine. However, the cliches that I repeatedly shook my head at are now proving themselves to be true. And quite honestly, it is beginning to scare me, this whole time passing quickly thing. Imagine how nostalgic I will be once I have a husband and kids to share my life with. Is time going to slow down then? Probably not.

So for the time being, I will revel at the bliss of a summer in the Lowcountry and a time in my life in which I have an unimaginable amount of things to look forward to.

Happy Summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...