Tuesday, June 16, 2015

sandy toes and smitten eyes

This summer has been good to me, thus far. What have I done? I would say that I have done nothing but that is partly a lie. I have done nothing, but in other places, with people that I thoroughly enjoy.

I just wrapped up a week at the beach with my roommate and her family. It was full of laughing fits, crappy carnivals, melted ice cream, and great food. Lots and lots of great food. I spent my week staring at the inside of a beach umbrella. catching the occasional ray of blinding sunlight through the tears in the cheap fabric. The colors had begun to fade, due to multiple summers in the sun, I suppose. It is the first extended amount of time that I have spent with Carley. That girl is awesome. Her demeanor is so relaxed that I sometimes have to ask her if she is okay because she is so peaceful. But there are also times when I swear I have never laughed so hard in my life. And she isn't phased by my strange ways, which is a good thing. I am so excited to take on sophomore year with her. There are many hysterical stories to come, I am sure of it.

Reece is great. More than great, actually. He is incredible. I am in a world of my own when he's around. And I don't think that feeling will ever go away. Below are some pictures from my summer, so far. I'm sure they won't make you swoon like they do for me, but they might make you smile. And that's good enough for me!


XOXO,
lil







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...