Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Introducing Reece.

I am about to do what I promised myself I would never do: blog about a guy. However, this is not a post about my brother or just any guy. This is Reece. And once I am done here, you will understand why simply thinking these things just isn't enough.

Since Reece came along, my roommate and I have had a running joke: "From what rock has he been hiding under and does he have a friend?" (for Carley, of course). It is something that I ask myself on a daily basis. He came out of nowhere. There was no gradual introduction, or a grand gesture that you would see in a movie. He walked into my life as if he knew there was already a place for him there. I didn't know there was, but there was. At the time, I was bitter and jaded towards the idea that I would ever find a guy that would treat me how I deserved to be treated (pity party over).

And then came Reece. 





Tall. Extremely handsome. Brown Eyes. Contagious smile. All the things they describe in the story books. And then I grew familiar with his heart. Pure gold, I tell you. I know that I am biased, but when you meet him (notice I said "when", not "if") you will understand why I speak so highly of him. He pursued me in an intentional way that I did not know existed outside of the most romantic movies. No secrets. No games. No wasting each others time. Straight to the point. I think that's what caught my attention the most. It was apparent that this was not something that would be taken lightly. But if you didn't know this about me before, I am not very good at taking things lightly. I invest all my time and thoughts into the things that are important to me and there is no in-between. This was no different. 

It is so much more than the smiling in random places that I spoke of last summer. I find myself laughing at the thought that I thought I was happy then. But Reece made a good point (he's so smart). I was truly happy then. It was my normal. But this is my new normal. And in comparison to times that I thought I was happy before now, there simply isn't a way that this feeling could come close. 

I am a lucky girl. And that, my friends, is the understatement of the century. 

I won't reveal too many details just yet, seeing that I have a very long time to write this story. He will be around for a very long time. I have never been so sure of a single thing. Because when you know, you know. Right Reece? 







2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...